Ward Hall is located at 1782 Frankfort Road (US 460 W) in Georgetown, KY. Click the "Directions" button above for more specific directions.
can be directed to
the Ward Hall Preservation Foundation, Inc. at
502-863-5356 or email@example.com
Our Mailing Address
Ward Hall Preservation Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 1957
Georgetown, KY 40324
Follow us on
Facebook & Twitter
The Ward Hall Mission
Preserve, Protect, Restore and Educate.
The Ward Hall Preservation Foundation is dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Kentucky's premier antebellum Greek Revival mansion and grounds as an educational center for Kentucky and Southern agriculture, culture, history, manufacturing, and products.
The Stated Purpose of the Foundation is to:
1. Promote educational, historic, scientific and cultural activities in the Georgetown/Scott County community and the Bluegrass Region as a whole.
2. Promote and develop the architectural heritage embodied in the dwelling and its interiors as an outstanding example of antebellum Greek Revival architecture.
3. Promote Kentucky's historical economic heritage by providing avenue(s) for the recognition of:
a. Kentucky's bourbon industry
b. Kentucky's tobacco industry and agriculture
c. Kentucky's horse industry
4. Use Ward Hall as a center to comprehen-
sively develop, study, interpret and educate on the Black American experience and heritage in Kentucky and beyond.
In an effort to accomplish the above, the Foundation, is dedicated to the following:
1. Preserve, interpret and develop Ward Hall, its other buildings/reconstructions and land as a tourist attraction in a way which will best reflect its historical, architectural and social heritage.
2. Reconstruct the architecturally important Gothic Revival cruciform stable and restore and/or reconstruct all other structures associated with Ward Hall antebellum plantation life.
3. Utilize the land in such a manner as to provide access to the public for events, while providing opportunities to showcase tobacco, agriculture and horse related activities and interpretation of and education about all aspects of antebellum plantation life in Kentucky and beyond.
Ward Hall Preservation Foundation, Inc., is a non-profit corporation
organized under the Internal Revenue Code.